How are you involved in the community?
- Vice-Chair, Great Barrington Selectboard, Town of Great Barrington
- Development Director, Construct (nonprofit provider of affordable housing and supportive services in South Berkshire County)
- Board of Directors, Saint James Place Cultural Center, Great Barrington
- Board Member, Community Preservation Committee, Town of Great Barrington
- Vice-Chair, Economic Development Committee, Town of Great Barrington
- Member, Great Barrington Land Conservancy
Why did you decide to get involved in the Blackshires Initiative?
The small population and inadequate representation of Blacks in the Berkshires is a concern for me. The collective efforts of the Blackshires to elevate, empower, enrich, and expand the black voice in the Berkshires is a movement I am proud to be a part of.
What are your areas of focus for the Blackshires?
- Political Representation
- Advocacy and Education
- Community Engagement
- Economic Development
- Women and Youth Empowerment
Why are you an expert in the field?
- Political Representation / Local Government: (current position as Vice-Chair, GB Selectboard, led the movement in GB for Home Rule legislation which made it to the State House
- Fundraising: (current position as Development Director at Construct)
- Marketing: (former positions as Director of Marketing at The Berkshire Eagle and Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center. Also, former Hollywood studio film editor in LA and Ireland)
- Economic Development: (Former position as Director of Development of Eagle Mill Redevelopment in Lee, MA & former Vice-Chair of the Economic Development Committee, Town of Great Barrington
- Education, Women & Youth Empowerment: (Single mom to three teens & former tenured professor for ten years in Ireland)
What do you do for the Blackshires?
- Leadership Circle Member
- To Be Determined…
What’s your favorite thing about the Berkshires?
- Quality of Life (if I had to pick one)
- Respect for the Environment and Open Space
- Entrepreneurial Energy
- High Level of Citizen Engagement
What’s your favorite place to eat?
- Tangier Cafe (Great Barrington)
What are you excited about right now?
- Seeing the Blackshires take off and make a real impact
- My newly elected position as Vice-Chair of the Great Barrington Selectboard
- My daughter studying political science at George Washington University